CMC to resume parking fees in Colombo from today
(FASTNEWS | COLOMBO) – The Colombo Municipal Council (CMC) has announced that it will be resuming parking fees in Colombo from today.
The CMC said that the collection of parking fees will resume as curfew regulations have been relaxed in a bid to restore normalcy in the country following the outbreak of COVID-19.
Parking charges will be as follows:
- Motor Car/Van/ Cab – Rs. 50.00 per hour
- Motor Cycle – Rs. 20.00 per hour
- Three Wheeler – Rs. 20.00 per hour
- Bus/ Lorry – Rs. 70.00 per month
- School Vans – Rs. 600.00 per month
- School Buses – Rs. 1000 per month
- Office staff transport vans – Rs. Rs. 1200 per month
- Office staff transport buses – Rs. 2,000 per month
At present, the Smart Parking Management System is in operation along the Galle Road, Duplication Road and all connected roads. Parking users in these areas can pay parking charges using one of the following methods.
1. Through “pay point” parking meters installed in this area by cash notes or Dialog Park Smart touch card.
2. Online through the “Tenaga Park Smart” mobile app.
3. Dialing #444# through “Dialog” mobiles (parking fee will be added to your phone bill and “Dialog” service charges will apply)
4.”Pay n Go” KIOSKs (except inside Dialog Arcades)
Traffic wardens of the Colombo Municipal Council or of authorized parking operators are recruited in all other areas in the city. Parking users in these areas have to pay parking charges to these wardens following necessary health practices.
As per Parking By-laws of Colombo Municipal Council published on Gazette no.2029/29 dated 2017-07-26, non-payment of due parking fee shall be subjected to late fee and non-payment of due late fee shall be subjected to legal action or tire locking.